Please pray for the souls of all deceased parishioners, family and friends
- John Joseph Smyth – Requiem at St John’s Tuesday 10th Jan at 11am
- Angela Theresa Loughrey – Requiem at St John’s Friday 20th Jan at 11am
- Margaret June Downes – Requiem at St John’s Monday 23rd Jan at 12 noon
- Patrick Murphy – Requiem at St John’s Thursday 26th Jan at 1pm
- Ken Hughes – died on Tuesday 13th December
May God console their families. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace;
Please pray for those whose Anniversaries occur at this time including…
- 8: Mrs. E.M. O’Neill, William Stevens, Michael Kane, Edward George Gordon Popham, Douglas Edward William Webster, Mary Patricia Holland, Agnes Toppin, Sylvia Alice Zilpah Harper, William Anthony Lynn, Victor Southwick
- 9: Albert Henry George Russell, Philip Paul Faiers, Donald George Holdstock, Nuala Teresa Doherty
- 10: Harold Miller, Peter John Geiss, Hazel Victoria D’Silva, Cornelius Patrick Murphy, Patrick Joseph O’Dowd, Robert Edward Walli, Thomas Leonard McFayden, David John Simmons, William George Morgan Marcel Davies
- 11: Kathleen Fahy, Maureen Mary Rose Earle, Brigid Loughrey
- 12: Alice Money, Margaret Fraser Money, Francis Herbert Money, Frank Money, Michael Joseph Sheehy, Bernard Seddon, Jean Mary Taylor, Peter Lyons, Andrew John Byrne, Eileen Sarah Button, Kazimiera Smith, Patrick Anthony McGaley,
- 13: Joseph Cullen, Elizabeth O’Donoghue, Elizabeth Adelaide Stevens, George Dartnell, Winifred Grace Inkpen, Mary Fowler, Christopher Joseph Redmond, Sarah Webster
- 14: Liam Slattery, Josephine Ann Sullivan, Mary Theresa Morgan
- 15, Johanna Flello, Albert Seradi, Sister M. Clare Doyle, Sheila Cecilia Dawe, Rev. Fr. Hugh Bridge, Darren McCormack
May they rest in peace
Sick/housebound Please contact the parish office and let us know of neighbours/family members who are unable to come to Church and would like to receive Communion or call 07405803862. We remember in our prayers those who are sick, housebound or in hospital & those who care for them.
Pope Benedict Archbishop John wrote “We thank God for his gentleness as a humble worker in the Lord’s vineyard; and for his willingness to address pressing issues in the Church. We now accompany him with our prayers that he may know eternal joy and peace.”
From the PP We waded through the covid period together; our parish was outstanding in the particular way our live streaming was set up, thanks to Jason Parke and his team; our parish is blessed with ready volunteers and helpers. I cannot thank you enough. Thank you too for helping me to celebrate life @ 60! I didn’t feel like I was away from my “family” as you graciously stepped in as my new family. As promises, the gifts in cash that came in is shared between Church Roofing project (£2,000) and House of Mercy (£575). Special thanks to Fr Vincent and the team that worked with him.
Confirmation 2023 If you wish to register a young Catholic (in Year 8 or above at secondary school) for the Sacrament of Confirmation in 2023 please complete the Google Form by 31 December 2022: https://forms.gle/XBxpdYKQZqokptnZ7 There will be an initial information meeting for parents, carers and the young people themselves on Sunday 15 January at 4:30pm in St John’s Church.
The Missionary Society of St Paul invite you to their Annual celebration day on Friday 27th January at St George’s Cathedral, London. Mass @ 6.30pm celebrated by Archbishop John Wilson. Please let us know if you have any spare spaces in your car or your require a lift.
Baptisms Application forms for Baptism are available from the back of the Church or the parish office. Families need to attend one of the talks before the baptism. Please phone or email the office if you wish to attend (Next session is 9th January 2023).
Last weeks collections: First collection: £1540.73, Thank you for your continued support and generosity.
RCIA We welcome anyone who is searching or wants to review their faith or may be interested in joining the Catholic community, or wishes to be Confirmed. Please come to the Presbytery on Wednesdays at 7.30pm.
School Forms Fr Moses will be available to sign school forms on Thursday between 12-4pm in the Presbytery. Please note that the day and times may change each week.
Foodbank We will be collecting for the Foodbank next weekend, 14/15Jan. The most needed items are Tinned Meat & Pies, Cooking Oil, Brown Sauce, Squash, Longlife Milk, Couscous, Packet Pasta in Sauce and Washing up Liquid.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Come to me all who labour and are overburdened and I will give you rest. Come, pray, rest & watch before the Blessed Sacrament, either on Wed (9.30–11.30) or Sat after 10am Mass until 12.30pm.
Mass Intentions: If you would like to have a Mass offered for an intention, please fill in one of marked envelopes and hand to one of the priests or call at the presbytery between 10-2pm if you would like a specific mass. We cannot always allocate a Mass on the date requested as it may have already been booked, however, your Mass may be shared if you wish.
Mustard Seed Bible study every day @ 8.30pm; Lectio Divina on Fridays @ 7.30pm. Please click here for joining information
Divine Mercy Chaplet The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be online at 3pm Monday – Friday. Click here for how to join the online meetings as well as the prayers if you wish to say the Chaplet privately.
Padre Pio Prayer Group each Tuesday straight after 9.15am Mass in the Cry Chapel. All welcome to join us in prayer. We especially remember our sick friends and family.
St John Fisher Parish Catholic Men’s Group, Rochester Protecting loved ones in hospital. What does the Church teach, and how can we understand and apply it? Talk by Fr Patrick Pullicino MD PhD, a priest in our archdiocese who held university professorships neurology and neurosciences and was a consultant neurologist at East Kent Hospital. Friday13 January 7pm. Includes dinner. Ends with Benediction at 9pm.
CAFOD are looking for people to give some time and join them in their mission Training and support are provided. For more information or get in touch with Celeste and Sarah: firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s transform the world in 2023 together!
200 Club . December Winners 1st: £55 – Michelle Augustin, 2nd: £35 – Joe Smyth, 3rd: £25 – Carman Balzan, 4th: £15 – Lesley Rowdon. We held the draw on Wednesday 4th January in the Coffee Bar.