Please pray for the souls of all deceased parishioners, family and friends
- John Charles Fitzpatrick – Reception Tues and Requiem at St John’s Wednesday 27th December at 1pm
- Gerry Brewer – Reception Tuesday 4pm and Requiem at St John’s on Wednesday 3rd January at 1pm
- Joseph Mcfarland Queen – Requiem at St John’s Tues 9th January at 10.30am
- Anne Pilkington who died on 14th December
May God console their family. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace;
Please pray for those whose Anniversaries occur at this time including….
- 24: Derry O’Donoghue, Michael Nelson, Sister M. Winifred Walsh, Maureen Iris Reader
- 25: Kathleen Upton, Frank Peach, Olive Johnson, Sister M Columba O’Malley, Michael McCarthy, John Palasz, Monica Murphy
- 26: Michael Mallinder, Sheelah Cherry, Lilian Hester Webster, Stella Chessworth, Joseph Whelan, Annie Waghorne,
- 27: Harry Enefer, Kathleen McDermott, Roger David Hall, Elizabeth Mary Langley, Mary Angela Millar, Mary Georgina McGaley
- 28: John Leatham, Michael Brennan, William Phillip Sharp, Lionel Edward Fox, Gladys Amy Patricia Hendy, Josephine Cooper
- 29: Irene Grant, Patrick Curran, Rev. Fr. Edward O’Byrne, Francis Joseph Traynor, Marie Therese Salter, Henry James Silwood, Angiolina Maria Morrant, Liam Joseph Dolan,
- 30: Nancy Kerry, Lizzy O’Neill, Elizabeth Alfreda McNamara, Arthur James Strong, Daniel Gerard Kavanagh, Lesley James Jackson, Natalie Dawn O’Shea, Annie May McClure
- 31: Edith Davies, Patrick O’Haire, Catherine O’Toole, Denis Coomber, Edith Rose Evans, Gina Antoncini, Leonard Hunt, George Wier, Ann Frances Atkinson, Pearl Sophia Davies
May they rest in peace…
What a blessing this year’s Christmas brings our way! We thank God for the arrival of our second priest, Fr Stephen in the parish; we wish him a fruitful ministry with us. We thank God for the services of Fr Kevin who has been with us since the beginning of December; we thank God for the emergency repairs being done so well by Roofing Dynamics due to our generous contributions in the year. We are most grateful for all your services and contributions to keep the life of the parish family going throughout the year; may God bless you, your family and friends abundantly. May the Baby Jesus find a home in our hearts; Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
If you are returning to Mass after an absence, long or short, welcome home! We are delighted that you have chosen to celebrate Mass with us today.
Our wonderful celebrations this Christmas could never have gone ahead without so many people giving their time and skill to the Parish. Our warmest thanks to everyone involved.
Concert Thank you to everyone who supported the concert last Saturday. The Medway Singers and Lauren Lynn were magnificent. The concert can be seen on the link on the parish website. £228 was raised.
Sacrament of Confirmation Preparation Programme 2024 If you wish to register a young Catholic (in Year 8 or above at secondary school) for the Sacrament of Confirmation in 2024 please complete the Google Form by 31 December : https://forms.gle/yJndo7GxVZMKUZ4t9
RCIA You are welcome to the Catholic Church. Are you searching or want to review your faith or may be interested in joining the Catholic community, or wish to be Confirmed. A new course has just started. Come to the Presbytery on Wednesday @ 7.30pm. God Bless.
Baptism Application forms for Baptism are available from the back of the Church or the parish office. Families need to attend a talk before the baptism. Please phone/email the office if you wish to attend (Next session is Monday 8th January).
Last weeks collections £1,477.29 Thank you for your continued generosity and also to those people who pay by standing order and contactless. The collection over Christmas will be your personal gift to our priests. Envelopes are available at the back of the Church.
Finance Thank you to all those people who also pay by standing order – forms are available on the information table if you would like to make your donation to the Church in this way instead of using gift aid envelopes or cash. If you wish to set up a standing order, St Johns Church bank details are: Account name: ‘RCAS a Registered Charity re St Johns Church’, Sort code: 60-09-10 Nat West Bank, 30 King Street, Gravesend, DA12 2XX, Account No: 07722915. Or contact the parish office.
Wednesday Tea/Coffee We will resume our refreshments on Wednesday 10th January after 12 noon Mass.
200 Club December Winners 1st: £55 – Melissa Everest, 2nd: £35 – Della Flaherty, 3rd: £25 – Lesley Rowdon, 4th: £15 – Ita Hannon. We held the draw on Wednesday 20th Dec in the Coffee Bar. Thank you for your support.
My Day by Day Booklets with the daily readings for January and February are available at the back of the Church.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Come to me all who labour and are overburdened and I will give you rest. Come, pray, rest & watch before the Blessed Sacrament, either on Wed (9.30–11.30) or Sat after 10am Mass until 12.30pm.
Mass Intentions: If you would like to have a Mass offered for an intention, please fill in one of marked envelopes and hand to one of the priests or call at the presbytery between 10-2pm if you would like a specific mass. We cannot always allocate a Mass on the date requested as it may have already been booked, however, your Mass may be shared if you wish.
Padre Pio Prayer Group each Tuesday straight after 9.15am Mass in the Cry Chapel. All welcome to join us in prayer. We especially remember our sick friends and family.
Missionary Society of St Paul invite you to their Annual celebration day on Friday 26th January at St George’s Cathedral, London. Mass @ 6.30pm celebrated by Bishop Philip Egain, of Portsmouth Diocese..
Crib Thank you to the team of crib builders and maintaining the beautiful crib figures. The children can watch the scene build week by week with the story of Christmas. This year’s Crib Collection will go to Aid To Church In Need.
Divine Mercy Chaplet The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be online at 3pm Monday – Friday. Click here for how to join the online meetings as well as the prayers if you wish to say the Chaplet privately.
Come and Rest in Me is a contemplative group that meets around the Word of God on Wednesdays 8-9pm. Click here for the zoom link.
Mustard Seed Bible study every day @ 8.30pm; Lectio Divina on Fridays @ 7.30pm. Please click here for how to join
Sick/housebound Please contact the parish office and let us know of neighbours/family members who are unable to come to Church and would like to receive Communion or call 07405803862. We remember in our prayers those who are sick, housebound or in hospital & those who care for them and their families. Please, when on admission in the hospital or care home, volunteer the information of your faith as you won’t be asked ordinarily.