Please pray for the souls of all deceased parishioners, family and friends.
- Evelyn Gough – service at Thames View Crematorium Friday 25th March
- Eamonn McInerney – requiem at St Johns Church Friday 1st April at 1pm
May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.
Please pray for those who Anniversaries occur at this time including…
- 12: Michael Sheehy, Elizabeth Lynds, Eric William Cottrill, Alexander McNally, Cecilia Rosa Russell
- 13: Kathleen O’Callaghan, Sgt. Dennis Clifford, James Patrick Brown, Rita Hair, Gerald Patrick Brennan, Margaret Rose Bourne, Jeffrey Hussey
- 14: Kathleen Fitzgerald, Martin Joyce, Elizabeth Kathrina Murphy, William John Ryan, Dorothy Whitby
- 15: Ely May Crook, Mary Rodden, Joyce Bridget Mary Markey
- 16: Mary Mullarkey, Helen Clair Kelly, C. Simmons, Ann Roxburgh Munn, Ian Daniel Byrne, Peter David McSwiggan, Mary Alice Gilhooly
- 17: Helena Claire, Gerald Byrne, William James, Patrick McCarthy, Mary Kearney Smith, Cornelius Doris, Melanie Mulheran,
- Catherine Anne Pollard, Michael Joseph Finn
- 18: Sarah Sharkey, Elizabeth Miller, Gladys Dougal, William Christopher Keegan, Margaret Lyons, Frederick William Bateman, Francis Roy Henry,
- Baby Charlie Taylor,
- 19: Michael Kavanagh, Michael Neil Davies, William James Thomson, Ellen Elizabeth Long, Paul Thomas Finch, Mario Cientanni
May they rest in peace
Cafod This weekend we welcome Sarah Cadwallader who will be speaking about Cafod’s work. Friday 11th March was Family Fast Day. There will be a retiring collection for Cafod. Envelopes and information are available at the back of the Church.
Comboni Mission Appeal next weekend we will be having an appeal at all masses.
St Patrick’s Feast Day Thursday 17th March. Fr Joe will be celebrating Mass at 12 noon on this day where shamrock will be blessed and distributed.
Novena 11-19th to St Joseph The Novena prayer will take place on Fri/Mon/Tues/Wed 20minutes before Mass and Sunday 5.40pm, (Thursday 9.15am).
Baptisms We welcome into our parish family Miroslav Gadzor and Phoebe McMahon who were baptized this weekend. Application forms for Baptism are available from a steward in the porch or the parish office. Dates for the baptism course can be seen in the porch. Please phone or email the office if you wish to attend.
Foodbank will be collecting at all masses this weekend. Thank you.
Mass Offerings: If you would like to have a Mass offered for an intention, please fill in one of marked envelopes and hand to one of the priests or call at the presbytery between 10-2pm if you would like a specific mass. Please note that we cannot always allocate a Mass on the date requested as it may have already been booked, however, your Mass may be shared if you wish.
Wednesday Tea/Coffee Come and join the fellowship after the 12 noon Mass on Wednesday.
Mustard Seed Meet every Friday @7.30pm to nourish their faith with the Word of God (link on parish website)
Choirs – We welcome back the Folk Choir who will contribute at Mass on the 1st Saturday of the month at 6pm and the organ and choir on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays. Please support them by singing.
Sick/housebound Please contact the parish office and let us know of neighbours/family members who are unable to come to Church and would like to receive Communion or call 07405803862. Remember in your prayers those who are sick, housebound or in hospital & those who care for them.
Children’s liturgy – There will be Children’s liturgy on the first and third Sundays of the month. Why not consider helping to teach our children? Please contact the parish office or speak to Pip or one of the Priests.
Saving Grace A retreat for Lent: Make some space to develop your relationship with God this Lent. Sign up for our Diocesan ‘retreat at home’ called “Saving Grace”. Every week you will receive an email with links to a 25 minute video in which our Archbishop John will introduce the theme and the reading, Chris Chapman will deliver the retreat, with others contributing. You will also receive materials to use in your own prayer and reflection. All you have to have to do is sign up and then set aside what space you can for Saving Grace!
Divine Mercy Chaplet is said daily online. Please go to the parish website for the link.
Padre Pio Prayer Group each Tuesday straight after 9.15am Mass in the Cry Chapel. All welcome to join us in prayer.
School Forms Fr John and Fr Moses will be available to sign school forms on Monday1-4pm in the Presbytery.
Thursday Mass 9.15am Mass will be held at St John’s Primary School for the pupils during term time. There will be no Mass in the Church on those days.
Sunday 20th & 27th March 6pm Mass Kent County Council have informed us that Milton Road between the junction of Harmer Street and Manor Road will be closed at 7pm until 5am for resurfacing which may affect where you park.
Please take your newsletter home so that you may find time to enjoy the reflections and readings. There are also ‘order of the Mass’ leaflets if you wish to use them, but please return to the basket at the back of the Church.