Please pray for the souls of all deceased parishioners, family and friends
- Kathleen Ryan – Requiem at St John’s Thursday19th Jan at 2.30pm
- Angela Theresa Loughrey – Requiem at St John’s Friday 20th Jan at 11am
- Ken Hughes – Requiem at St John’s Friday 20th Jan at 2.30pm
- Margaret June Downes – Requiem at St John’s Monday 23rd Jan at 12 noon
- Patrick Murphy – Requiem at St John’s Thursday 26th Jan at 1pm
May God console their families. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace;
Please pray for those whose Anniversaries occur at this time including…
- 15: Johanna Flello, Albert Seradi, Sister M. Clare Doyle, Sheila Cecilia Dawe, Rev. Fr. Hugh Bridge, Darren McCormack
- 16: James Bradley, Mary Carlin, Louisa Rose Murray, Patrick Thornton, William Charles Wright, Lorenz Anton Knoebl, Philip Charles Higgins
- 17: Charles Biles, Mabel Elizabeth Sanderson, Ronald Alfred Gillett, Dorothy Clare Hill, Dora Kathleen Hafner, John Anthony Thompson
- 18: Andrew Sharkey, Ian Pujoe, Claire Tiltman, Dennis McFarlane, Sister M. Cecilia Donnelly, Sister M. Teresa Thomas, James Blair, Kathleen Conway, Margaret O’Kane, Davina Glennis Leddy
- 19: Eileen Morris, Joseph Debono, Edward Reilly, Mary Donohue, Christopher Finn, Maria Grazia Rossi, Ruth Ellen Tulip, Marie Patricia Savill, Hugh O’Donnell, Maurice Lloyd Barrett,
- 20: Thomas O’Toole, Gloria Williams, Kathleen Freeman, Doris Dock, Lily Beatrice Mary Sutherland, Kathleen Kelly, Bernadette Ellen Mary Walsh
- 21: Richard Herbert, Robert Jackson Cuthbertson, Margaret Reilly, Luisa Zazzi, Brian Francis Murray, Mary Teresa Taylor,
- 22: John Waller, Dr. Michael Francis McDonnell, Winifred Money, William Kelly, Baby Francis Rossi Ficchi, Patrick Barrett
May they rest in peace
Sick/housebound Please contact the parish office and let us know of neighbours/family members who are unable to come to Church and would like to receive Communion or call 07405803862. We remember in our prayers those who are sick, housebound or in hospital & those who care for them.
The Missionary Society of St Paul The Missionary Society of St Paul of Nigeria UK Region cordially invites you to their annual MSP day celebration on Friday 27th January at St George’s Cathedral, Westminster Bridge Road SE1 7HY.
Archbishop John Wilson will be celebrating Mass at 6.30pm prompt and there will be a reception after in the Amigo Hall to which we are all invited. This is a lovely opportunity to support Fr Moses and to see and meet members of the order. Please let us know if you have any spare seats in your car or you might require a lift.
Parish Forum Sequel to reviving our Parish Pastoral Council, I would like to meet with parishioners on the 5/6th February after the 6pm Mass and 10.30am Mass consecutively.
Confirmation 2023 If you wish to register a young Catholic (in Year 8 or above at secondary school) for the Sacrament of Confirmation in 2023 please complete the Google Form by 31 December 2022: https://forms.gle/XBxpdYKQZqokptnZ7 There will be an initial information meeting for parents, carers and the young people themselves today Sunday 15 January at 4:30pm in St John’s Church.
Christian Unity There will be a week of prayer for Christian Unity 18th-25th January. You are also invited to a United Service at the Methodist Church, Milton Road 6-7.15pm.
Baptisms Application forms for Baptism are available from the back of the Church or the parish office. Families need to attend a talk before the baptism. Please phone or email the office if you wish to attend (Next session is 13th February).
Last weeks collections: First collection: £1450.40, Church maintenance £60.39, Crib £161.96. Thank you for your continued support and generosity.
RCIA We welcome anyone who is searching or wants to review their faith or may be interested in joining the Catholic community, or wishes to be Confirmed. Please come to the Presbytery on Wednesdays at 7.30pm.
School Forms Fr Moses will be available to sign school forms on Wednesday between 1-4pm in the Presbytery. Please note that the day and times may change each week.
Foodbank We will be collecting for the Foodbank this weekend, 14/15Jan. The most needed items are Tinned Meat & Pies, Cooking Oil, Brown Sauce, Squash, Longlife Milk, Couscous, Packet Pasta in Sauce and Washing up Liquid.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Come to me all who labour and are overburdened and I will give you rest. Come, pray, rest & watch before the Blessed Sacrament, either on Wed (9.30–11.30) or Sat after 10am Mass until 12.30pm.
Mass Intentions: If you would like to have a Mass offered for an intention, please fill in one of marked envelopes and hand to one of the priests or call at the presbytery between 10-2pm if you would like a specific mass. We cannot always allocate a Mass on the date requested as it may have already been booked, however, your Mass may be shared if you wish.
Mustard Seed Bible study every day @ 8.30pm; Lectio Divina on Fridays @ 7.30pm. Please click here for how to join
Divine Mercy Chaplet The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be online at 3pm Monday – Friday. Click here for how to join the online meetings as well as the prayers if you wish to say the Chaplet privately.
Padre Pio Prayer Group each Tuesday straight after 9.15am Mass in the Cry Chapel. All welcome to join us in prayer. We especially remember our sick friends and family.
Catholic Post Please help yourself to a free edition of the Catholic Post. This monthly paper was launched last year. Details are in the paper if you wish to subscribe.
200 Club . January Winners 1st: £55 – Denise Langendjk, 2nd: £35 – Jenson Garratt, 3rd: £25 – Oliver Everest, 4th: £15 – Lauren Lynn. We held the draw on Wednesday 4th January in the Coffee Bar.
March for Life UK is running a campaign to get people thinking and talking about abortion.. to create awareness of the damage caused and promote the value of every human life. On Saturday 4th February, a day long event “Time to Rethink Abortion” is being run in Sutton Coldfield. Open to anyone over 16, there will be workshops and talks to help everyone to confidently discuss this vital issue. For more information please see their website https://www.marchforlife.co.uk/re-think-abortion-day/ If you can’t attend then please pray for the success of this campaign.