Please pray for the souls of all deceased parishioners, family and friends
- Anthony Joseph Martin – Requiem at St John’s Mon 18th December at 11am
- Michael Patrick Murphy – Service at Thames View Mon 18th December at 1pm
- John Charles Fitzpatrick – Reception Tues and Requiem at St John’s Wednesday 27th December at 1pm
- Gerry Brewer – Reception Tuesday 4pm and Requiem at St John’s on Wednesday 3rd January at 1pm
- Joseph Mcfarland Queen – Requiem at St John’s Tues 9th January at 10.30am
May God console their family. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace;
Please pray for those whose Anniversaries occur at this time including….
- 17: Helena Jadwiga, Arthur Edwards, Veronica Kenny, George Henry Osbourne, Francis Joseph Kelly, Eileen Margaret Snow, William Peter Odd, Frank Burns, Jane Malinauskiene.
- 18: Joseph O’Toole, Timothy Buckley, Elsie Pearl Leggett, Joseph William Norcott, Moira Kathleen Taylor
- 19: Charles Walter Evans, Kenneth Thomas Lovatt, Jean Outred, Ken Baker, John Kelly, Patricia Kathleen Holdstock, Anthony Joseph Balzan, John Joseph Smyth
- 20: Patrick Lynch, Molly Atkinson, Sister M. Philomena Flanagan, John Collins, Rita Scutts. Olive Mary Croughan, Margaret Downwa
- 21: Elizabeth Kiss, Peter Murphy, Jean Kathleen Holder, Kathleen Frances Jenny Barrett, Jeremiah Anthony Sheahan, Jeannie Phatty
- 22: Brigid Harkin, Eileen Kavanagh, Kevin Joseph Clarke, Kevin Patrick Whelan, Kathleen Ryan, Patrick Joseph Murphy
- 23: Maureen McCarthy, Jeremiah Sheehan, Hannah Harriet Clark, Margaret Nellie Freeman, Kenneth Denny, Doris Jane Broad, Helga Sieloff, Elizabeth Neilsen, Derek Coulton, Teresa Hylands, John Joseph McDonach,
- 24: Derry O’Donoghue, Michael Nelson, Sister M. Winifred Walsh, Maureen Iris Reader
May they rest in peace…
New Assistant Parish Priest We welcome Fr Stephen Ojapah appointed Assistant Parish Priest to St John’s. We pray and wish him a happy, fruitful and fulfilling ministry here. Please say hello to Fr Stephen and Fr Kevin (who will be with us until the end of the year)
A Mass of Thanksgiving to all helpers/volunteers will be held this Wednesday 20th December at 12 noon followed by a light lunch.
St John’s Christmas Card Please collect a card giving dates of events and times during Advent and Christmas. Available for download for printing at home here.
Sacrament of Confirmation Preparation Programme 2024 If you wish to register a young Catholic (in Year 8 or above at secondary school) for the Sacrament of Confirmation in 2024 please complete the Google Form by 31 December : https://forms.gle/yJndo7GxVZMKUZ4t9
Baptism Application forms for Baptism are available from the back of the Church or the parish office. Families need to attend a talk before the baptism. Please phone/email the office if you wish to attend (Next session is Monday 8th January).
Last weeks collections £1,245.31 Thank you for your continued generosity and also to those people who also pay by standing order and contactless. The collection over Christmas will be your personal gift to our priests.
Envelopes are available at the back of the Church.
Finance Thank you to all those people who also pay by standing order – forms are available on the information table if you would like to make your donation to the Church in this way instead of using gift aid envelopes or cash. If you wish to set up a standing order, St Johns Church bank details are: Account name: ‘RCAS a Registered Charity re St Johns Church’, Sort code: 60-09-10 Nat West Bank, 30 King Street, Gravesend, DA12 2XX, Account No: 07722915. Or contact the parish office.
Wednesday Tea/Coffee Come and join the fellowship after the 12 noon Mass on Wednesday. We will draw the December 200 club.
RCIA You are welcome to the Catholic Church. Are you searching or want to review your faith or may be interested in joining the Catholic community, or wish to be Confirmed. A new course has just started. Come to the Presbytery on Wednesday @ 7.30pm. God Bless.
School Forms We will be available to sign school forms on Tuesday day between 11-2pm in the Presbytery. Please note that the day and times may change each week.
Family craft event – Sunday 17th December 2.30-4pm at St John’s Church. Lots of different Christmas themed craft activities for families to enjoy. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Craft supplies are on a first come first served basis. We look forward to welcoming you to this free event.
Family Advent Service of Reconciliation on Tuesday 19th December at 7pm. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Readers/Extraordinary Ministers Recollection on Tuesday 19th December at 6pm (preceding the service of reconciliation at 7pm)
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Come to me all who labour and are overburdened and I will give you rest. Come, pray, rest & watch before the Blessed Sacrament, either on Wed (9.30–11.30) or Sat after 10am Mass until 12.30pm.
Mass Intentions: If you would like to have a Mass offered for an intention, please fill in one of marked envelopes and hand to one of the priests or call at the presbytery between 10-2pm if you would like a specific mass. We cannot always allocate a Mass on the date requested as it may have already been booked, however, your Mass may be shared if you wish.
Padre Pio Prayer Group each Tuesday straight after 9.15am Mass in the Cry Chapel. All welcome to join us in prayer. We especially remember our sick friends and family.
Foodbank A big thank you for your most generous donations last weekend. We were able to deliver 211.2kg of food and other essential items to help local families in need.
Christmas Eve The choir is making an open invitation to anyone who would like to join them in singing the midnight mass and carol service at 11.30pm. Please let Penny know on 07778 852637.
Crib Thank you to the team of crib builders and maintaining the beautiful crib figures. Please encourage the children to watch the scene build week by week with the story of Christmas.
Emergency Roof Repairs ongoing at the moment thanks to all those who have contributed.
Divine Mercy Chaplet The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be online at 3pm Monday – Friday. Click here for how to join the online meetings as well as the prayers if you wish to say the Chaplet privately.
Come and Rest in Me is a contemplative group that meets around the Word of God on Wednesdays 8-9pm. Click here for the zoom link.
Mustard Seed Bible study every day @ 8.30pm; Lectio Divina on Fridays @ 7.30pm. Please click here for how to join