Please pray for the souls of all deceased parishioners, family and friends.
- Christopher Brooke – Requiem at St Johns 13th June at 12 noon
- Oonagh Chapman – Reception at St Johns 6th June and requiem Tuesday 7th June at 11am
- Carol Stevens – Requiem at St Johns Friday 24th June at 11am
May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.
Please pray for those whose Anniversaries occur at this time including…
29th May – 5th June
- 29: Elizabeth Horan, Sister M. Berchmans Byrne, Iris McDonnell, Eileen Hunt, Thomas Francis Lydon, Edward Delaney
- 30: David William Deadman, Francis Lloyd, Patricia Flynn, James Joseph Keane
- 31: Florence Grace Martin, James John Madden, James O’Connell, Winifred Jenner, Agnes O’Brien, Ben Fletcher, Kathleen Duff, Peter John Harmon, Patrick Arthur Dillon Dignam,
- 1: Francis Taplin, Fr. Patrick McNulty, Margaret Mitchell, Bridget Dolan, William Charles Tutton, Doris Hilda Donovan, Martin John Quinn
- 2: Grace Jordan, William Mullan, Elizabeth Lane, Bridget Kelly, Mark Anthony Gaskill, Pauline Doris Lott, Sherin Paul
- 3: Ida Guselli, Robert Raymond Attwell, George Alfred Johncock, Brenda Chamberlin Heesom,
- 4: Cyril Henry King, Marianne Louise Schmidt, Sister M. Teresa Moreland, Rosa Muro Grillo, Brian Harkin, Elsie Ede
- 5: Mary Gray, Baby David Rixson, John O’Durmott, Daniel Joseph O’Connor, Patrick Gerard Kennedy, Margaret Kathleen Byrne, Agata Turtakove
May they rest in peace
Sick/housebound Please contact the parish office and let us know of neighbours/family members who are unable to come to Church and would like to receive Communion or call 07405803862. We remember in our prayers those who are sick, housebound or in hospital & those who care for them.
A note from Fr Moses
Novena to the Holy Spirit from Friday 27th May to Sunday 5th June at 7pm every evening in the Church we will be having a novena to the Holy Spirit. As a parish, let us come to the “Upper Room” to relive Pentecost experience. Let us make it a community experience. Please try and join us.
Queens Platinum Jubilee We welcome everyone to join us this Thursday 2nd June to celebrate Mass at 10am followed by the tree planting and plaque in our garden to acknowledge the Queens service to her country for 70 years. Afterwards please stay for refreshments and shared food, outside if the weather is fine or in the coffee bar. Please bring something to share but don’t worry if you forget.
Returning to Mass at Pentecost As we more and more return to normality, the Bishops Conference of England and Wales, based on the centrality of the Eucharist in the life of the Church, invites us to return to Sunday Mass as an obligation at Pentecost. For more details, visit our website.
Last weeks collections: First collection: £1009.24, Maintenance: £6, . First Holy Communion Mass £261.75. Thank you for your continued generosity.
Second collection: This week World Communications Day,
Thank you to all those people who also pay by standing order – forms are available in the porch if you would like to make your donation to the Church in this way instead of using gift aid envelopes or cash.
Baptisms We welcome into our parish family Anthony Bolavucu, Julian Adu-Darko and Daisy Kozien Santos who were baptized this weekend. Application forms for Baptism are available from a steward in the porch or the parish office. Dates for the baptism course can be seen in the porch (Families need to attend one of the talks before the baptism). Please phone or email the office if you wish to attend.
First Holy Communion Please remember in your prayers our children prepared in the parish by Sr Elizabeth and Susanne who made their First Holy Communion this Saturday at 1pm and 3pm.
Confirmation We welcome Monsignor Gerry Ewing to St Johns next Saturday 4th June to Confirm our young people at a 2pm service. Please pray for our newly confirmed candidates.
School Forms Fr Moses will be available to sign school forms on Tuesday between 11am-4pm in the Presbytery. Please note that the day and times may change each week.
First Friday – Hour of Mercy will be held in the Church this Friday 3rd June. It will start at 2.30pm Rosary, 3pm Divine Mercy Chaplet and Exposition, 3.30pm Mass. All are welcome to join us.
First Saturday Devotions to the Immaculate Heart of Mary On the first Saturday of each month a service will be held 11.30-12.30pm in the Church. It was first mentioned by Our Lady of Fatima on 13 July 1917. Everyone is welcome to join us in prayer next Saturday. For background information click here
Padre Pio Prayer Group each Tuesday straight after 9.15am Mass in the Cry Chapel. All welcome to join us in prayer. We especially remember our sick friends and family.
The Divine Mercy each day at 3pm. Please follow this link.
Mustard Seed Meet every Friday @7.30pm to nourish their faith with the Word of God follow this link
Wednesday Tea/Coffee Come and join the fellowship after the 12 noon Mass on Wednesday.
200 Club May Winners 1st: £55 – James Gurney, 2nd: £35 – David Boyle, 3rd: £25 – Mary Gaskill , 4th: £15 – Josephine Perrett. Thank you for your continued support. (Numbers drawn at Wednesday Teas 4th May)
Mass Offerings: If you would like to have a Mass offered for an intention, please fill in one of marked envelopes and hand to one of the priests or call at the presbytery between 10-2pm if you would like a specific mass. Please note that we cannot always allocate a Mass on the date requested as it may have already been booked, however, your Mass may be shared if you wish.
St Katherine’s, Shorne There is no Mass at St Katherine’s in June. The next Mass will be 2nd July at 11am.
Bank holiday This Thursday and Friday are Bank Holidays and Mass will be at 10am both mornings.
New website We have a new website. We wish to say a huge thank you to James Gurney who has designed and created our new look.